Tips from old people that will make you think
The years go by in the blink of an eye. Don’t marry young people. Live your life. Travel. You deal with everything. No matter how much money you have. Pack up and go wherever you can afford.
1. The most important person in your life is the person who has agreed to share his life with you. That’s how you treat her.
2. You may have a long life, or your life will be short – who knows. But in any case, believe me when I tell you that you will want to take better care of yourself in your youth.
3. Things are just things. Don’t be obsessed with material things, value time and experience.
4. Jealousy destroys relationships. Trust your other half, because who else will you trust?
5. People always say, ‘‘ Make sure you get a job where you’ll do what you love! ’’ But that’s not the best advice. A real job is a job you love some days, put up with on other days, and still pay your bills. Almost no one has a job they love every day.
6. If you sometimes find it difficult to cope with life, just go back to the present moment and enjoy everything that is beautiful and comforting. Take a deep breath, relax.
7. The years go by in the blink of an eye. Don’t marry young people. Live your life. Travel. You deal with everything. No matter how much money you have. Pack your bags and go wherever you can afford. Until no one depends on you, don’t buy things. No stuff. You see the world.
8. Don’t take life seriously. Even if things seem dark and hopeless to you, try to laugh at how silly life is.
9. A true friend will come running if you call him at 2 in the morning. Everyone else is just an acquaintance.
10. Children grow up too fast. Make the most of the time you spend with them.
11. No one ever died regretting not doing more. Be diligent, but don’t put work ahead of family, friends, or yourself.
12. Eat and exercise like you’re a diabetic and have a heart attack – never become one.
13. Maybe this one isn’t as profound as the others, but I think it’s important. Floss your teeth, dental problems are terrible.
14. Don’t take anyone’s advice as a command. You can ask for advice from someone you respect, but then consider your situation and make your decision. Basically, my advice is to listen to your own advice…
15. The joints you injure today will take revenge on you later. Even if you think you have fully recovered. Trust me!
16. We have only one chance on this earth. Don’t wake up and realize that you are 60 years old without doing the things you dreamed of.
17. Appreciate the little things and be present in the present moment. What do I mean by that. Well, it seems to me that today young people want everything right away. Instead, why not appreciate every little moment? We will not stay forever on this crazy / beautiful planet. And the greatest pleasure can be found in the most boring activities. Instead of sending a message, pick up the phone and call someone. Call your mother, talk about nothing in particular. These are moments to be appreciated.
18. Pay bills and avoid debts. If I could pay myself all the money I paid for interest during all these years, I would be a rich man.
19. If you dream of being someone or doing something that seems impossible to you, give it a try. With age and as you become responsible for other people, it will only become more unlikely.
20. When you meet someone for the first time, stop and realize that you don’t really know anything about them. You see race, gender, age, clothes. Forget it all. You know nothing. These assumptions are based on prejudices that pop into your head because your brain likes categories, they limit yours and other people’s lives.